CPU Temp Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Temp Issue

We have a new PC unit utilizing AMD FX8350 as a CPU, which was planned to use primarily as a 24/7 FTPS server (as this task is not in priority, and we have no option to purchase anything other as a hardware for this task). All components works well, except a CPU, which constantly overheats, despite a little load (3-5%). A cooler is a big version of Zalman with heat tubes and a 120mm fan (sorry but I can't read what the exact version it is), and it is installed properly, bearing no damage or inconsistency on contact plate. The average temperature in a room is about 25 degrees C, and a CPU heats up to 85 and more centigrade. I heard that is a native problem of modern AMDs but can't say anything about this statement. Which measures we can attempt to lower a CPU temperature? (Or, perhaps, this is a kind of a defect covered by warranty?) Thanks for your opinions!

Which software have you used to check the temperature of the CPU? If it really is overheating, and it's not just the fans being triggered because of a dodgy sensor, look at your BIOS settings and see if you have fan control settings there, or temperature profiles you can activate.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks! We have use an ASUS temp-checking utility from a motherboard kit. This week I will try to play with different BIOS fan and temp settings (now there are default settings).

Comment

Working...
      X