Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP DL360 G7 KVM Adapter?

Hi,

I just met my first HP DL360 G7 which turns out to have no keyboard or mouse port ... this leads me to the conclusion that there must some kind of adapter (like the video, mouse/keyboard to network style KVM adapter for the slightly G6 DL360's and earlier) for multiple racked servers running to a KVM (the kind with 16 NIC style ports) but if so I am not sure what to look for.

Anyone got any idea?

Kyu
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Re: HP DL360 G7 KVM Adapter?

What about USB ports?

There are also KVM over TCP/IP adaptors available
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      What about USB ports?

There are also KVM over TCP/IP adaptors available
      Yes, USB is a possibility especially if I accept I can rack the server then access by iLO and/or RDP (I can use a rolling monitor/keyboard/mouse setup to configure the systems) but HP must have come up with something that uses these new NIC-like keyboard and mouse ports ... if not they presumably wouldn't have them.

Keke

Comment

The PS/2 ports were removed, to make room for two additional NIC ports (this beauty now has 4x1GB NICs... Yummmy ). You will have to use a USB hub and connect to it USB mouse and keyboard.
        If you have a KVM system in place, see if they have USB cables available. If not, you will need USB-2-PS/2 cables.
        For the full list of DL360 G7 specs, see here.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          The PS/2 ports were removed, to make room for two additional NIC ports (this beauty now has 4x1GB NICs... Yummmy ). You will have to use a USB hub and connect to it USB mouse and keyboard.
          If you have a KVM system in place, see if they have USB cables available. If not, you will need USB-2-PS/2 cables.
          For the full list of DL360 G7 specs, see here.
          That is what we ended up doing (70 per adapter? Jeez!) however, I would say the two extra NIC's are more than just NIC's because they have keyboard/mouse symbols against them which surely implies they can be used as such?

Thx

Keke

Comment

70 pounds?!?
            How come? It should be something simple, like this one.
            Anyway, thank you for posting back with your solution....

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Working...
            X