SCSI Hdd not detecting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSI Hdd not detecting

We have Intel SE7501BR2 Board, currently one Seagate Cheetah 36GB is connected and it is working fine, now I have to upgrade it with Hitachi 146 GB SCSI HDD. I disconnect the Seagate,and when I connect Hitachi it shows in the controller (Adaptec 7901)Ultra 320, but when I try to install Win2000 or 2003 it not shows in it, I provide the driver of it through the floppy( downloaded from Intel & Adaptec Site), but every time it give the same message of SETUP DO NOT DETECT ANY HARD DRIVE. I suspect that may be it is due to the large capacity HDD (Old is 37 & new is 147 GB), So I try with the one spare 37 GB HDD, But the result is same...NOT DETECTING. I am really very grateful, if any one help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: SCSI Hdd not detecting

Are you sure you have the drivers for your exact model of adapter?
    Are you pressing F6 during the install process and selecting the correct device?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes I am sure, as I downloaded from Intel and Adaptec site both, and also press F6 otherwise how I copied the driver.

Thx

Comment

How did you put the drivers onto the floppy disk? Had an issue where the folder structure was incorrect due to manually copying the drivers to the floppy.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

When I double click on downloaded driver, command prompt open and asks for blank floppy, then automatically copies driver in blank floppy, its not manually copied.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Intel and/or Adaptec regarding this?
            Are there any firmware updates available for the controller?
            Can you try running setup with the original (seagate) drive connected and see if this is picked up (obviously do not go further than detecting the drive)?
            Can you boot to the working OS and see if one of your new drives is detected in Windows?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I try to contact them, but there is no response, may be my approach is wrong.
              I thought to try with existing hdd to check detection, but afraid, but now I take a chance to check.

And also connect new hdd to check whether it detects in existing OS.

Let me try & revert back to u.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Now HDD is detecting

I downloaded the Hostraid driver, then first give the driver of hostraid when ask for floppy then give the SCSI driver and it detects

Thanks a lot for all your help

Comment

OK, well done!
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Working...
                  X