Touch Screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Screens

Is it likely that an OS like Android presumably intended mainly for a Touch screen will work just as well with a non touch screen using a mouse instead?

Absolutely no reason why not for most operations, but how would a mouse deal with "multitouch" such as pinch or stretch to zoom?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry for the delay not realizing there was further interest. I installed the Android OS on an older PC now using Win XP, but only running in RAM as with other Linux. The mouse appears to work OK but unlike with a Tablet no options seem to require the use of wipe,pinch and squeeze, instead you drag an image to the size you want with the mouse. It seems of course there are no worries as with Windows such as XP of using it online. It searches for any WiFi first even if you have no such card, then when you click Skip it instantly recognises my BT HUB. The only problem probably because I did not allow a full install is it did not recognise the hard drive such as to run an MP3.

Comment

Working...
      X