Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID simulator

Hi!

I'd like to understand doing RAID and configure it. Is there's any simulator that I can download and play with?

Reason being is I don't have necessary hardware (2 or more HDD and RAID controller) on my system to run with, so a simulator might help me to understand better beside reading..

thanks in advanced!

Re: RAID simulator

What exactly do you mean by RAID simulator? If it is meant for testing purposes, you could play with software raid and dynamic disks in windows.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Alternatively, Google "RAID calculator" to find utilities that will tell you the capacities and performance of various configurations.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

allright, RAID calculator it is.. fine with me
        thanks alot

Comment

Concur with L4ndy
          Get a virtual PC with a server OS and set up multiple (small) VHDs as dynamic disks. You can do all sorts of RAIDing (0 to 5) and very easily simulate failures and recoveries
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X