Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP 3600N printer greyscale problem

Hey All

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix a HP3600N printing inverse when selecting grey scale?

When you print in B&W and in colour it is fine, but when you select grey scale, it print in reverse, the background is black and the typing is white.

I have done a google, but only thing i found is to use an older driver.

There must be another way in settings or something

thanks
    R

Re: HP 3600N printer greyscale problem

Originally posted by rkaria View Post
    Hey All

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix a HP3600N printing inverse when selecting grey scale?

When you print in B&W and in colour it is fine, but when you select grey scale, it print in reverse, the background is black and the typing is white.

I have done a google, but only thing i found is to use an older driver.

There must be another way in settings or something

thanks
    R

Sorry should have put the printer is networked on a print server. the users use Windows XP and the server is windows server 2003

Comment

Same problem when installed on a 2008 print server too. Before that, it was installed on SBS 2003 with the older driver version and worked fine.

Have you actually tried the older driver yet?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Same problem when installed on a 2008 print server too. Before that, it was installed on SBS 2003 with the older driver version and worked fine.

Have you actually tried the older driver yet?
        No I havent, thought I would see if anyone new something in the settings before I tried it.

one user said the mirror image is enable, but I cant find the setting where he said it should be. (in printing preferences, Advanced tab) there is no mirroring option in the advanced tab

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried looking for that setting using the Web GUI?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I should add that the only change we made in our environment was the new server OS and the new driver version - everything else was as before.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Finally fixed the problem, installed a beta version of the driver and all is working fine now

Comment

Can you please give us the exact version (and download link if possible) for others who may have the same issue?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have tried put the file is too big, its 14Mb zipped. I received it from FTP site which HP support set up for me, so I cant even give a web link. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                  X