copy hidden USB drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy hidden USB drive

Ok, i wanna know if it possible and if so how to copy a hidden USB drive. I have a USB drive that is unknown to the computer but its used by a program i use. I am unable to explore it but it is there. It shows up in Disc Management as a Unknown 16meg device.

Thanks.

Re: copy hidden USB drive

Can you explain a bit more?
    What is the program?
    Does it show up OK on other computers?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

16MB or 16 GB?
      Is it by any chance a dongle holding some sort of HASP key or something? If so, I doubt you can browse its contents...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

its used for flashing an ECU on a car. Its 16MB. It wouldn't show up on other computers.

I plug the computer up to the car run a program then the program needs the 16MB dongle to transfer info to the car.

Comment

So does the program access the "drive" OK?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is the dongle required in order for the program to work? Sounds like the easiest thing to do is buy another dongle.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

yeah program wont start until you have the dongle plugged in. The dongle takes the car vin number so you cant use it on other cars. i want to try and duplicate this dongle so as i can make a few of them.

Comment

I think that will be totally in breach of any license agreement -- please check with the software vendor
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X