How to access STARTUP Drive in external enclosure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access STARTUP Drive in external enclosure

My old PC computer just died - I think the motherboard was fried.

So I have two hard drives in there - I popped them both out - I threw one of them into an external HD enclosure and plugged it into my Mac Pro worked like a charm - able to get all the files off without a problem.

When I put the second drive into the enclosure it's not recognized by my MAC as a drive (I'm running Snow Leopard). It does however show up in Disk Utility where it gives me the option to format it. (This makes me think the drive is totally ok)

I'm assuming the problem is that this drive was the startup drive for my PC and has all those start-up files written to it - so it's not being recognized.

How can I use this drive in an external enclosure plugged into my mac and get it to recognize my files. Is there a certain software I need?

Re: How to access STARTUP Drive in external enclosure

nevermind - figured it out all on my own - (I just remembered holding in the "T" key when you plug in the drive somehow overrides those settings)

Comment

Re: How to access STARTUP Drive in external enclosure

hAVING boot files shouldn't have caused the issue you describe.. it's still just an NTFS disk..

glad you figuired it out
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X