Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build - 64-bit 2008 Server

Hello All,

I want to build a 64-bit desktop to learn windows 2008 Server. Server mobos are expensive and I chose a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P 45 ATX motherboard. Gigabyte's website does not have drivers for Win 2008, so
    can I use the 64-bit Vista drivers? Also, has anyone done this before? I'd appreciate and suggestions or comments.

thanks in advance.

Re: New Build - 64-bit 2008 Server

Normally 64-bit Vista drivers will work, although you will get a warning about unsigned drivers
    Since this is for non-production, I would say you are fine
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: New Build - 64-bit 2008 Server

The 32bit and 64bit version of 2008 are both the same. What not install Virtual PC or VMWare and install the O/S into a virtual environment. This will save you having to purchase the hardware for something you are just learning on.

I have run 2008 on Virtual PC and it runs ok like that with 512MB. Obviously more RAM is better.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X