Graphic Card Woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Card Woes

I formatted and reinstalled my OS updating all my drivers to the the latest posted.
    Now I am getting the following error message "INPUT NOT SUPPORTED"

MoBo : Intel D945GNT LK
    Card : Saphire/Ati X1950 GT
    Monitor: Acer AL2251W

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    D

Re: Graphic Card Woes

The resolution or refresh rate you're using isn't supported by the monitor. You may be able to log in via Remote Desktop or Safe Mode to uninstall the graphics driver to drop your resolution to a lower setting that the monitor will support, then you can reinstall the driver to set a higher resolution again. Check the documentation for your monitor to find its supported settings.

You may also be able to change the resolution and refresh rate using psexec from another computer to run a command line resolution changer on the computer.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks GForce,

But the Screen Refresh Rate is set to 60 Hertz, which is just about as low as it can get.

Dennis

Comment

What about the resolution? And are the res and refresh rate both supported by the screen?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The res is set to the fullest.
          Both the res and the resfresh rate are the same as when I had the old drivers.

When I installed the new version of the drivers, thats when I started getting the error message.

Another note is that I also upgraded the drivers on the MoBo Chipset.
          Dunno if that makes a difference.

D

Comment

I did try adjusting the res abit and that got rid of the error message but then the fonts got abit "funky" for want of a better term.

D

Comment

Working...
            X