Missing NTLDR file after replacing motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing NTLDR file after replacing motherboard

Can anyone help me? I just replaced a motherboard (Intel D915GAG) on a database server running Win Server 2003, and am getting the NTLDR file is missing. I've tried to boot into the OS through the original Windows disk by doing a system repair. The problem is it is asking for an administrator password, which no one here seems to know. I've tried resetting the dsrm password through another server, but have had no luck. What can I do to reset the password on the problem server???

Re: Missing NTLDR file after replacing motherboard

DSRM password isn't really what you need in this situation, as you aren't doing a Directory Services Restore.. this is a database server, not a domain controller. (Am I wrong ?)

If it IS a DC, then it won't have a local administrator password.
    If it's NOT a DC, then there should be tools available that can help you reset the password in the SAM
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Missing NTLDR file after replacing motherboard

Check the boot devices and boot order in the BIOS. If that all looks correct then try running fixboot and fixmbr.

Comment

Working...
      X