No announcement yet.

MSI AT31 Motherboard

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI AT31 Motherboard

For the last month and a half, I have been dealing with several MSI AT31 motherboards. Where I work, we use Kingston memmory for upgrades. The recomended ram from kingston does not work. after talking with them we decided to order some special sticks from them and they worked just fine. What turned out was that the newer chips were built with a different density platform and do not work. (All the chips on one side). The older chips with the chips on both sides worked great. (Same part number as the newer chips). We have many more AT31 boards to upgrade and Kingstin has no more memmory from their archives. I guess what I am trying to say is anyone is in need to upgrade their AT31, they WILL run into this problem and Good luck finding ram that works. The Ram is KVR266X64C25/512

Re: MSI AT31 Motherboard

Thanks for the info
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: MSI AT31 Motherboard

Oh sod. I thought we had got past this problem with different density RAM ages ago. Disappointed to see that it is still around. Compaq boards used to be a real pain for this. Same board model and they would need differnt density RAM.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015