No announcement yet.

recommendations on IT retailers in Israel?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations on IT retailers in Israel?

I am working doing support for an organisation in Jerusalem. Loving it, but takes getting used to the heat, hecticness and not been able to get proper learning of Hebrew yet.

I need to get a NAS for out organisation. We have a Mac used as a file server and it died yesterday.

I told my boss I think we need some kind of smalll freestanding network storage drive, needs to be 1Tb+ (prefer 1.5 or 2) with two drives in a mirrored array for redundancy. I would prefer a good brand like Netgear or Linksys etc. 3yr+ warranty. Not sure what kind of budget we have to spend.

Anyone else here in .IL can point me in the direction of a retailer, either a physical one in Jerusalem or something online with good prices and service?

Re: recommendations on IT retailers in Israel?

I would usually recommend a PC with a RAID card, running FreeNAS or OpenFiler. I have never found a cost effective NAS I could rely upon for use in a production environment - secondary backups only. And even then, I was reluctant to do so. The offerings I've tried from Netgear, Raidsonic (Icy Box) etc have been pretty dire.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.