Printer printing red dots on pages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer printing red dots on pages

When printing on a HP laser jet 3600n laser jet printer it is printing red dots down the page. Any advise why this would be.

The ink was only changed a couple weeks ago.

Thanks
    R

Re: Printer printing red dots on pages

Hi,

Have you tried cleaning it and calibrating. I think you may have to replace the transfer belt if any of that doesn't work.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by rkaria
      When printing on a HP laser jet 3600n laser jet printer it is printing red dots down the page. Any advise why this would be.

The ink was only changed a couple weeks ago.
      Try using toner instead of ink.

The information you supplied in the above quote is again, totally inadequate. When posting a request for help PLEASE provide as much information about the problem as possible and be accurate. Ink indeed!

The following link will assist you with better post information which in turn shall get you more comprehensive answers and probably solve your problems quicker.

Has the printer been used to print self adhesive labels?
      Does it do this when printing a Test Page?
      How long has it been printing the "dots"?
      Are the spots in a regular uniform pattern?
      Can you take a photo of a page and post the image here. Try and reduce the size and post as a JPG.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
        Hi,

Have you tried cleaning it and calibrating. I think you may have to replace the transfer belt if any of that doesn't work.

Thank you, yes I have tried cleaning and calibrating it. Ive look through the manual and checked to see if there is anything else I could clean, but there is isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Try using toner instead of ink.

The information you supplied in the above quote is again, totally inadequate. When posting a request for help PLEASE provide as much information about the problem as possible and be accurate. Ink indeed!

The following link will assist you with better post information which in turn shall get you more comprehensive answers and probably solve your problems quicker.

Has the printer been used to print self adhesive labels?
          Does it do this when printing a Test Page?
          How long has it been printing the "dots"?
          Are the spots in a regular uniform pattern?
          Can you take a photo of a page and post the image here. Try and reduce the size and post as a JPG.

Hi Thank you, sorry for the lack of information but the printer is on another site and I only went there yesterday to do more diagnostics.

The printer is just used for letters in word documents no labels or drawings. This does happen with test page.

The dots runs 4 rows vertically down the page about 1inch from each other then across the rows are 1 inch apart except the last 2 rows are about 2 inch. The magenta colour stands out on all rows but on the first row the colours blue and yellow are showing but really really light.

When I opened the printer the belt had magenta spots running down the belt like it is on the page, i cleaned the belt to no avail. I have clean the printer through the control panel and calibrated it.

This prints whether printing black and white documents or colour.

The ink cartdges were changed about 2 weeks ago and the problem only happend about 3 days ago. So I dont want to change the cartridge at £91 a pop.

I have attached the document.

Thanks
          R
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you considered contacting HP?

http://h50203.www5.hp.com/HPISWeb/Cu...cp&cc=US&ctype=

Comment

Can't open the PDF on this comp.

Are the red dots equal length apart??

If they are then check the rollers and the fuser for blotches of toner.

Comment

Sample of the page Wullie. Looks like a drum issue (but the OP uses ink cartridges). Do these things have a waste toner bottle? It may be full if it does.

Check the Web GUI and see what the present capacity of the cartridges are. I person printing A4 full colour photos can kill a cartridge in a day.

Download the Print Manual and read the troubleshooting section. Failing that if it is still under warranty, Joe has an answer. Infact, if it is still under warranty call HP today.

rkaria, it uses TONER and NOT ink because it is a LASERJET and not an Injet. http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...46-501395.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	ink-toner-dots-hp3600n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	464146
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I can tell you that on the HP3800 color laserjet, each color cartridge has it's own drum unit. That's my guess as to what's wrong. One of the color cartridges (magenta) likely has a nick in the drum.

Comment

if you just added new toner (biggles77- ) print about 100+ blank pages through the printer, that should clean it out, it will fade as they come out.
                    Don't recycle the paper back into the printer!
                    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Yep looks like drum, rollers or fuser issue. Possibly dirty, possibly needing replaced.

How old is the printer??? How many pages since its last service??? Ever had a maintenance kit done on it??? Last time i done amaintenance kit on a machine it was around GBP80.

Time to get the screw drivers out.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                        Yep looks like drum, rollers or fuser issue. Possibly dirty, possibly needing replaced.

How old is the printer??? How many pages since its last service??? Ever had a maintenance kit done on it??? Last time i done amaintenance kit on a machine it was around GBP80.

Time to get the screw drivers out.
                        The printer is 2 years old.

As I said before the printer is on a different site which I wont be visiting again untill Tuesday so I will check when it was last serviced and everything when I go there, but I think I will have to get someone external out to have a look.

not done a maintence kit.

Thanks for you advice.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                          I can tell you that on the HP3800 color laserjet, each color cartridge has it's own drum unit. That's my guess as to what's wrong. One of the color cartridges (magenta) likely has a nick in the drum.
                          thats what I was thinking, but it was only changed 2 -3 weeks ago and it just started to happen on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                            Sample of the page Wullie. Looks like a drum issue (but the OP uses ink cartridges). Do these things have a waste toner bottle? It may be full if it does.

Check the Web GUI and see what the present capacity of the cartridges are. I person printing A4 full colour photos can kill a cartridge in a day.

Download the Print Manual and read the troubleshooting section. Failing that if it is still under warranty, Joe has an answer. Infact, if it is still under warranty call HP today.

rkaria, it uses TONER and NOT ink because it is a LASERJET and not an Injet. http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...46-501395.html

[ATTACH]3315[/ATTACH]
                            Thank you for your advice.

I have cleaned the printer, calibrated it, working through the manual. The printer prints probably about 40 pages a day as only 4 users user it.

I have rang HP but they said it not under warranty any more so they will charge for the call, but email is free, they have emailed me back this morning and said to try basically what you guys have suggested, only thing ive not tried is calibrating it more once(they have suggested 5 times) and a cold reboot.

I know it uses Toner and not ink, sorry did i mention somewhere that it did..whoops!

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                              Have you considered contacting HP?

http://h50203.www5.hp.com/HPISWeb/Cu...cp&cc=US&ctype=
                              Hi

I have contacted via phone they said its not under warranty so they will chrage to talk to me, but email is free, so i emailed them and they have suggested most things that I have tried already.

except cold reboot and calibrating more than once. Will try these.
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X