Motherboard issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard issues

Irecently bought a jetway ha08 and was pretty excited I bought an AMD 3 triple core and 8gb of 1333 DDRIII ram, i hooked it all up and got a code of HP on the digital LED read out. I have swapped memory and the CPU is brand new x3 and appears fine. I contacted jetway and they are not sure what the HP code means so can anyone offer any other suggestions before I sent it back? the power supply seems good, Ihave tried the memory in multiple configurations and even installed another video card but I get no posts and no video output on either the onboard or installed one. I built an Intel system with an ASUS MB lst week with very similr specs just a different CPU and MB. ANyone had a bad MB right out of the box ? Thanks

Re: Motherboard issues

Any beep codes or anything like that during POST? I've had this happen with an ASUS motherboard and it turned out I had been sold incompatible RAM. I'd be pretty surprised if it's a duff board out the box. If you have another stick of memory available I'd give that a go, it's not uncommon that the highest specs of RAM that a board will take cause POST issues.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

the memory is compatible according to the specs and the tech support I only have the new modules that I bought with it crucial so I don't have any other DDR III to test. I did an interesting test any plugged the keyboard into the MB and it did not light up that is why I was leaning towards having a bad MB,

no post no beeps nothing, the code for bad CPU or bad memory is FF in the digital LED and I don't get that code

Comment

after talking with support I am sending it back and going to try a different one

Comment

Working...
        X