Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docking a Lifebook E8410 causes loss of sound

G'day all,

One of our bigger customers use Fujitsu Lifebook E8410's.

After rebuilding (factory settings using the recovery partition) and updating XP to SP3, if you mount the lappy on the docking station, the sound card stops working.

Re-installing the sound card driver DOES fix this problem, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea why it stops in the first place..

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

DJ
    Daniel John
    A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Docking a Lifebook E8410 causes loss of sound

Is it a Fujitsu or a third party dock?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Fujitsu I think, we had to return the dock we borrowed last night, I didn't get to look at it that well..

Funny thing was, after rebuilding the latest laptop, i plugged it in to the dock and the sound worked fine...

Might chalk it down to the users for now...

DJ
      Daniel John
      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Figured out what it was..

XP SP3 for some reason removes the Realtek HD Audio Driver..

Simply downloading it and re-installing it fixes the issue...

BTW, it was a Fujitsu Dock biggles..

DJ
        Daniel John
        A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

************************************************** **********************

Comment

That info about XP3 is interesting. Thanks for posting back with, it is appreciated. :VB: (and it doesn't mean visual basic)
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hahaha, all good mate,
            It's common sense in Forums otherwise they don't work properly...

I know :VB: doesn't stand for VisualBasic, it's one of the emoticon codes, but which one?

Daniel John
            A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

Comment

It comes in a green can and the first word is the name of the state we live in. Need any more clues?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hahahaha, my bad, i forgot you were aussie, and i'm not really a beer boy unfoprtunately..
                Daniel John
                A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

Comment

Working...
                X