Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Line across top of screen, no video after drivers installed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Line across top of screen, no video after drivers installed?

I recently got my old Gateway GT5032 out of the closet and decided to use it. I hooked i up to my Acer 19" Widescreen LCD and started it up. It started up fine, booted into windows and all that. After that, it came up saying I needed to update the video drivers for an Nvidia 6100 (the onboard card of the motherboard) so i let it download them. Once it finishes downloading, it then restarts and gets to the windows logo. Once the windows is done loading, all that comes up is a black screen with a Blue line across the top of it.

Any suggestions?

I also cannot put a video card in it currently, due to the power supply not having a 6-pin connector for it.

Re: Blue Line across top of screen, no video after drivers installed?

What os is it running? Windows XP? If so you could try to boot into safe mode and rollback the video card driver. You could also boot into safe mode and set the video card to Standard VGA and reboot. Then uninstall the updated Nvidia drivers and install the original drivers that came with the pc.

Comment

It's Running Windows XP. I have put it into Safe Mode, system restored it and tried to install the video drivers straight from Nvidia. Same deal, now it was getting stuck on going into safe mode and just idling on the last command it runs when going into safe mode (not at home currently, so i dont remember what the last line was)

Comment

Well then boot into safe mode, set the video card to Standard VGA and try to locate the drivers that came with the pc.

Comment

How do you set the video card to standard VGA? and I'm assuming I should just install the motherboard drivers instead of going to Nvidia?

Comment

In safe mode go to the video card properties, select to update the driver, select the options that allow you to pick the driver, select Microsoft as the manufacturer, select Standard VGA as the driver.

Yes, I would install the driver that came with the mobo.

Comment

Alright, thanks alot. I will try that after work today

Comment

Let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                X