X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardware monitor error

when i restart my computer i got a message
    "hardware monitor found an error " press F1 so i get into the bios to
    power suplly i andi got the +3.3 voltage in red whats the problem?

Re: hardware monitor error

What model of Motherboard is it?

Probably your power supply is faulty -- can you go on and boot into Windows?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Alternatively if you have a Power Supply Tester you could check the 3.3V output with it.

Have you gone into the BIOS or used any other third party utility to try any overclocking of your motherboard? If you have, go into the BIOS and set it to the Default Setting.

Personally, I believe Ossian is correct and your power supply is faulty however please respond to his question before purchasing in a new device.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

how about my cpu, when I turn it on it says on the monitor that I have to configure it. It always shows whenever I turn my pc on. What's the problem with this?
        Last edited by biggles77; 17th April 2009, 15:26. Reason: Remove link.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Alternatively if you have a Power Supply Tester you could check the 3.3V output with it.
          I don't know what experiences you've had using these, but I've seen numerous occasions where a PSU tester has given a PSU the all clear when it was in fact faulty.

I used to work in hardware support and the field guys had these testers and they were saying the PSU was OK but if we swapped the PSU with a known good one then the fault was resolved.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
            I don't know what experiences you've had using these, but I've seen numerous occasions where a PSU tester has given a PSU the all clear when it was in fact faulty.

I used to work in hardware support and the field guys had these testers and they were saying the PSU was OK but if we swapped the PSU with a known good one then the fault was resolved.
            But it can give you a real quick indication if you have a couple of wrong readings fluctating too much. It is just another little tool to use to assist in the diagnosis process and can be checked with a known good PSU to see if the calibration is "ok".

Multimeter will give better readings but the average person usually isn't able to use/read/interperate the readings. Hence a tester can be an option. Personally if I have a power problem I swap it out with a cheap spare I have around for that purpose.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X