No announcement yet.

Printer Woes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Woes

Hi Folks

We recently leased an OcÚ CS193 multi-function printer/scanner/fax/email with a fiery controller. The device is really made by Konica-Minolta but has an OcÚ badge on the front.

We have had it for two weeks and have had nothing but problems with it.

Does anyone else use a fiery controller? Have you had any problems with it or does it work fine?

A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Printer Woes

Moved to hardware forum
    I met such a device many years ago (it was hot stuff then.... ) and you would probably be better with manufacturer support
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thanks, Ossian

The woes are the result of the supplier's support. We have had engineers out to install it and to 'fix' configuration issues several times.

I wanted to know if anyone had a fully functioning fiery device or whether they have experienced problems setting it up and using it.

I am hoping that our troubles will be sorted by next week.

Well after nearly three weeks of engineers, 'DSE's', several emails and many 'phone calls, OcÚ are going to replace it.

I really hope it is worth it.

I'm familiar with Fiery in Xerox DocuColors. I've never been able to pinpoint if the trouble we have with them is the Xerox itself, the users who use them or the Fiery print server. Personally, I didn't know Fiery was in anything other than Xerox machines. Intersting to know. But then again, I don't do much with printers... they're a necessary evil if you consult me. They'll shortly become an unnecessary evil if the long-awaited paperless future dawns. That's about the time that I'll retreat into my cave system.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow:

The support guys believe there is a hardware error. The problem we had was that the engineers they sent out were not completely familiar with fiery controllers in CS193 printers. Take out the Fiery Controller and the engineers would not have had any problems.

However, even after the main support guy was here it still went wrong - I'm not completely convinced that this story is finished...