No announcement yet.

LaserJet recommendation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaserJet recommendation

I have the opportunity to buy a Dell Laserjet for 139 normally 200 and comes with 6k page toner or I can buy a 10kpage toner cartridge for around $80.00

Does anyone know if they are on the same lines of quality as the HP models ?

this would be for a small business maybe 1k prints a month

Re: LaserJet recommendation

In my experience Dell printers sole function is to allow Dell to sell toner. They are not well made and do not stand up well to heavy use. Another very cheeky feature I've seen is having to buy a plug-in card to enable the onboard NIC on a few models.

The HP may be a little more expensive but the quality is definitely higher on the ones I've dealt with.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog

I always buy HP laser and they have never let me down.

Moved to Hardware forum

Agree re quality of Dell -- get a known brand, not a rebadged box!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Only to add my Thumbs-down for Dell and Thumbs-Up for HP ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

I do have a liking for Lexmark corporate printer but not the toner that has the big brother chip. HP and Kyocera seem to have the laser market sewn up at the moment.

For low end home laser users then Brother & Samsung are quite good, oops, forgot to mention Canon.
            Departed: 23rd December 2015

thanks for all the replies I really appreciate it