• Show
Clear All

• hp laserjet 1320n printer

hi for everyone
    i have this device and he has 3 trays i want to know how i can control
    from which tray to print..
    thanks!

Re: hp laserjet 1320n printer

Have you tried the device's management console via the ethernet port? It should allow you to set it there, otherwise, if you have installed the correct driver, HP printers should allow you to set it locally via the Printer properties.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Be View Post
      hi for everyone
      thanks!
      Did you install the USB or Network option?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If you've connected over ethernet you can access and configure the device using it's web interface by entering http://replacewiththedeviceipaddress into a browser. See screenshot...

Last edited by ahinson; 6th February 2009, 05:54.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

RTM always helps...
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i install it with usb port i know that i need to install it 3 times and configure each printer from witch tray i want to print i didn't try to connect it with network port and when i did that i was log in to the domain maybe i need to log in locally?

Comment

Ahinson shows you a good screen shot below. It will be worth connecting to the network to configure the tray options. HP would have come with the software that enables you to automatically connect to the HP networked printer.

Otherwise, check the IP address allocated to the printer in DHCP and use that IP or set one manually. This can be set directly on the HP printer. It should have come with a manual that will explain how to.

Comment

you probably didn't understand me in the fax and printers folder i want 3 printers witch be the same kind of printer hp 1320n but each printer will print from another tray i know how to configure from witch tray to print but i don't know how to install the same printer 3 times i tried to do that few times but when i installed the printer again it doesn't change its was 1 printer again

Comment

Install the printer 3 times and create 3 different Dot4 USB Ports. Personally if this is a business machine it SHOULD be installed using the Ethernet option. Maybe you could train the users to select Properties (when they choose the printer) and show them where they can choose the different Tray from.

You mention you have a Domain so make life easy for you and the Users and install it as a network device. It isn't that difficult and it is also easier to install it as 3 different Print Devices with each one configured as you seem to want it. Why are you making things hard for yourself.

As a USB printer it means that PC has to be on for the printer to be available. If installed on a Domain Server then the printer(s) will be available as long as the Server is running.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

o.k if i will connect the printer with Ethernet how i install her 3 times? i insert the cd and install it 3 times?
                    thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by M-Be View Post
                      hi for everyone
                      thanks!
                      You originally didn't mention wanting to install 3 printers.

It would be easier if you take Biggles77 suggestions. I personally would share a network printer from a server, if you have one that can be used, depending on the number of users needing to use it. When you install the second printer and third, just make sure each has a unique name, maybe indicating the tray they will use. You can then set the properties on each printer driver and other options. For e.g. Share the printer out and set security.

The users then map to that shared printer.

If you don't have that many users, you can use the disk or install the printer as a network printer manually on the user's workstation. I would advise setting a manual IP on the printer.

Comment

@ Virtual, from what I can understand, the printer has 3 trays and I am assuming each tray has a diffferent paper type or perhaps letterhead. Instead of training the users to go into the properties page and select the appropriate tray, having 3 different Print Devices installed gets round the having to educated the users.

My suggestion on having 3 different printers is to set the default on each printer to the required media with each printer named and so make it idiot proof for the users.

@ M-Be, install each printer using the same IP Port on the Server. This IP Port can be the same IP as the of the Printer. Do NOT use a Dynamic IP on the printer. Each of the 3 installed printers can be renamed to whatever will make them easily identifiable to your users. Do you understand what needs to be done?
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Install three printers, with the same driver, but set each of them to take other tray as default. Give each of them relevant name.
                          Not clear why are you disregarding the advice about making the printer a network printer. It does have a NIC, you do have a server available ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                          -

Comment

when i called to hp support they told me that i just need to install the printer 3 times with the cd give different name to each printer and configure each printer to print from another tray in the beginning it sound me so easy!! i cant do that so?!
                            just insert the cd 3 times and install it?! i refer do not use with Ethernet connection its look very Complicated

Comment

It's easy compared to installing it 3 times. Either way, all you have to do is use the Printer Install wizard and install 3 versions of that printer.

WHY do you want to select which tray to print from? If you need to select different paper sizes, it'll do that by itself.
                              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                              X