After installing Office 2003 problem with SystemWorks 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After installing Office 2003 problem with SystemWorks 2004

I am running Windows XP, and recently installed Office 2003 on both my machines (slightly long-in-the-tooth desktop, brand new laptop).

I installed SystemWorks 2004 on both machines.
    On the desktop, I got error messages about not being able to access C (and sometimes, D).
    I could still access, but it was annoying.
    Installed and uninstalled SystemWorks several times (through Control Panel).

Eventually, I decided to do the full remove in order to remove all traces of SystemWorks, using msfix.bat, symNRT.exe, and SYMMSICleanup.reg.

On the laptop, all went well.
    On the desktop, when I try to run symNRT.exe on the desktop (on the laptop it worked fine), it tells me I've got Symantex WinFax Pro and have to remove it. Manually. Through the Control Panel.
    But I never installed WinFax Pro. And it doesn't appear in the Control Panel.

In desperation (silly me) I installed the baby version which was sitting in the Symantec folder, nothing doing still doesn't appear in the Control Panel.

I have manually deleted removed the Symantec Folder.

Any advice?

Re: After installing Office 2003 problem with SystemWorks 2004

Advice....yes, never use SystemWorks again.

Sorry, but I do not see what the question is.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Advice: avoid "Norton" like the plague!

Do you actually have any problems with Office? If not, I'll move this post into the misc forum for a better response

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Biggles77

There is a question and its:
        On the desktop, I got error messages about not being able to access C (and sometimes, D).
        Daisyima

Does the error that pops up state that its Norton that cannot read the C: or D: drive?

Also, try the latest version of the Removal tool for Norton (Symantic) products. It will uninstall Systemworks from 2003 - 2007 and you can download it here:

http://www.experiencewindows.co.uk/files/SymNRT.exe

Hope the updated file works for you.
        Last edited by Micron; 18th September 2006, 09:27.
        Michael
        Forensic IT Consultant

Comment

Working...
        X