Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Applications Loading Files Slowly

I have a user with the following symptoms:

He is running Office Xp and is having trouble opening office documents. If he opens a document from the desktop or hard drive it may take 30+ seconds before it loads. The same happens when accessing files on his network share.

If he opens an application, then opens a file through "File" - "open", it will open in less then a second.

The computer has 1Gb of ram and can access all other applications quickly. The internet works great.

It seems it takes all of that time to load the office application. Since he can open documents quickly from Excel or word once they are open.

If the network is disconnected, the problem goes away. We have tried removing his drive maps, replaced his network cable and rebooting his PC.

Any Suggestions?

Re: Office Applications Loading Files Slowly

Checked network config of the client, DNS etc...?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, the computer is on the network and configured correctly.

Comment

We were able to resolve this issue. We found that deleting all references in the registry to our old file server(no longer on network), solved this problem. Cleaning the registry and a reboot had an immediate effect.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. We like that very much here!
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X