All office software problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All office software problem

First of all, hello to you all. My name is Andy and I hail from the UK in Kent.

The problem I have is causing me a real headache.

I am running windows XP and Office Xp.

The problem I have is that whenever I open an office application (word, excel, p/point etc) I get a pop up "windows installer" on the title bar then in the main text box preparing to install.

I immediately press cancel and the programme then opens fine.

This causes no more problems.

The same thing happens if, for example I wish to open a word or excel file. I double click on it say in "my documents". This then for some reason opens windows installer. I click cancel then word opens normally but with a blank document. I then have to navigate via File-->open--> etc to actually work on the file.

A real nuisance factor - anyon got any ideas

MAny thanks

Andy

Re: All office software problem

Have you allowed it to continue installing? The problem should go away after that

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian.
      I tried letting it run its natural course.
      I then got a dialouge box come up stating to install the office XP cd which I did and then my system crashed.

I have tried this twice now but the same result.

Any other ideas ??

Andy

Comment

How was Office installed on this machine? As Administrator, User etc? Is it part of a Domain or a Standalone? How are you logged on when this happens?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X