Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to start word document from a specific position inside document ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to start word document from a specific position inside document ?

i have one excel spreadsheet that is used like "index" for different word documents. each line in this excel document contains basic details that are relevant for respective word document. among other details (like e-mail address, web address, mailing address ...) one column contains hyperlinks to related word documents.
    everything works fine.
    when i click hyperlink on e-mail address, e-mail client opens new mail message and it works nice.

since my word documents have min 8 pages, i would like to know is it possible to have word document oppened on specific position inside document.

right now, when i click hyperlink, my word document opens at the top of first page. then i have to scroll down to find specific detail inside document.

thanks for your feed backs

danac
    BL

Re: is it possible to start word document from a specific position inside document ?

Yes:
    Google gave this solution for hyperlinking html to a word bookmark so it should work with a hyperlink frmo Excel

Let us know how you get on

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: is it possible to start word document from a specific position inside document ?

Tom, thanx for the tip and sorry for the delay in my answer.

Unfortunately, for some reason, it does not work with excel. I tried as instructed from the article, but all I got was an error message. (see the picture…)

Nevertheless, when performed the same procedure from the word, it works all right.

I just typed some text in blank word document, and inserted hyperlink inside. After a click to Bookmark button, word gives an option to select bookmark you need (in case you set more than one…) and that’s it. Works fine.

Nevertheless, it’s good to know something similar is possible.

Thanx for the help.
      Attached Files

danac
      BL

Comment

I got the same error as you from the Bookmark button but if i went to the hyperlink and manually added #<bookmarkname> it worked OK.

Word & Excel 2003

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

YES!

THANX A LOT!

that's it! exactly what i was looking for!

i suppose Microsoft will set this option in office2007 to work as expected - with mouse.

anyhow, problem solved!

moderator, pls mark this with 5 stars

thanks again

regards

danac
          BL

Comment

Working...
          X