OneNote over the network..????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneNote over the network..????

HiHi there: My name is Darryl, I am the Lead Infrastructure & Network Support guy At a company called Profit Technologies in Houston. This is my first week on the Job.

This is the data I am looking for:
    Is it Possible to have Microsoft One-Note work
    In Terminal Services 2000..??...It was loaded on a Win-2000 Server and it did not work installing the trial version. Is this a License issue or the way we it installed. This is one of my new projects.

What is the best way to have OneNote work over the network..For about 75 users, various locations. Please advise...

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks for your help..

DP

Re: OneNote over the network..????

I would think that it would be licensing issue and software design issue. My thought is that you would have to have a license and running copy on each users station, and if you wanted, have a shared file on the network. A lot like having Microsoft Word on stations and a shared doc file on the network.

I can not imagine being able to install one copy of OneNote on the network and have 75 users using it. As would be the case with something like Word.

Why it doesn't work through TS beats me.

Maybe look into Volume Licensing options through Microsoft ??

Comment

Re: OneNote over the network..????

AFAIK there is no problem running one-note under Terminal Services. The system specs say Win2000 SP3 or higher and at least one person is running it under TS (http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBS/tip9300/rh9342.htm).

Not being a TS expert, others might add to this, but if it is not working under TS I would hope a fresh install, perhaps after reading this should sort you out.

As Aazmon said, there will be licensing implications and you should talk to your dealer or to Microsoft about this.

All the best
      Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X