No announcement yet.

Required Office disk not available

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required Office disk not available

Here is a question from a newbie that I hope someone can give me a hand with.

I have a computer that currently uses the Microsoft office home and student edition 2007. It is an upgrad from a previous version of office xp professional. However, I have been experiencing a problem lately that happens when I open some emails and a few other programs. I get a message saying, “please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office 2000 premium.” I then get a screen asking that I insert a copy of Microsoft Office 2000 premium into the cd drive. The problem is, I don’t have that CD since I got the newer programs. Is there a fix for this? Will uninstalling Office 2000 through the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel create a bigger problem down the road? I am currently running Windows XP service pack 3.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Required Office disk not available

Please use a more appropriate title next time as specified in the rules.

Also moved to Office forum for a better response.

Re: Required Office disk not available

This is a perennial problem with Office
      IMHO, as long as you have some older office media to upgrade "from", remove everything office related and install 2007 -- it should prompt you for media to check rather than requiring an install

IIRC the uninstall of older versions may require media, but there are instructions on the web to bypass this
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **