No announcement yet.

office 2007 compability pack

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office 2007 compability pack

i deployed the pack with gpo.
    but now every time and system restrats i think that it's reinstall the software.
    did i need to use a script that checks if the software already installed and if not it should to isntall?
    **help me with the script**

Re: office 2007 compability pack

What makes you think it is reinstalling it?

Most good installers (and I have to include Microsoft) will check and not install unless needed

What command line are you using with it to specify installation options?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: office 2007 compability pack

I second Tom's question - the only reason it would be getting reinstalled is if you've redeployed the package or if there is an underlying problem with AD/Group Policy (assuming the problem happens for all workstations) or the workstation (if only one).

Does this happen for all workstations?

What are the exact steps you performed to deploy the software?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.