No announcement yet.

Notification Mail based on Excel data

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification Mail based on Excel data

Kindly sugguest.. if there is a due date set in the excel sheet. without opening the excel sheet is there any possibility to get the reminder in outlook
    Best Regards,

Re: Notification Mail based on Excel data

you could possibly create a macro so that when the due date is originally set, or changed, it creates a reminder in your outlook calendar.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

An alternative would be to write a script to read data out of the spreadsheet file and create the necessary appointments.

Why do you not want to open the spreadsheet?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

You would have to open the sheet, programatically at least, to get the info from Excel
        (unless microsoft have released the Psychic API recently )

It should be fairly straightforward to write an excel macro to e.g.
        Iterate through a folder
        open each workbook
        check a particular cell
        write an OUtlook item based on the value in that cell
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **