Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word 97-2003 Documents - Open password protected

Hi All

I have a mass of Word 97-2003 documents created some years ago and all protected with the same password on opening, for which I have unfortunately forgotten what that password is. I have looked at a number of forums and found little of use to date and similarly don't want to pay the earth to find a single password or have each document decrypted individually, so can anyone help me find the most economic way to make all these files available to me please?

There is password cracking software (not too expensive if I remember) but no idea how effective it is). ISTR some which will give a free trial and do some cracking.

Note this does not necessarily give you the password, just crack the document, so you may have to repeat per file.

WARNING to potential spammers - any "one post wonders" who post commercial links in this thread WILL be banned - no questions asked
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Some of the trial versions tend to give you the first 4 or so characters of the password. These may be worth a look at since it may trigger your memory to what the password was.

Alternatively for the future, refer to http://make.proper.documentation.so....this.again.com
      Last edited by biggles77; 28th September 2017, 19:35. Reason: Fix a bloody typo.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X