word 2003 disable print layout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• word 2003 disable print layout

Hi - I have a user who only likes to view word documents in "normal" view. I set word to default to normal view when opening files on hard drive or file server. However when he gets an email with a word attachment it usually opens in print layout. Is it possible to disable print layout?. I have searched internet and found that reading layout can be disable in Tool > Options menu but from what I found it does not seem that print layout can be disabled.

Thanks

Re: word 2003 disable print layout

Originally posted by Michael19ave View Post
    Hi - I have a user who only likes to view word documents in "normal" view. I set word to default to normal view when opening files on hard drive or file server. However when he gets an email with a word attachment it usually opens in print layout. Is it possible to disable print layout?. I have searched internet and found that reading layout can be disable in Tool > Options menu but from what I found it does not seem that print layout can be disabled.

Thanks
    If you are using Office 2003, go to tools -> General and untick 'allow starting in reading layout'. This will stop it opening from outlook/email in reading layout.

Comment

Re: word 2003 disable print layout

But the OP is referring to print layout

I think this is a job for a macro -- either AutoOpen or AutoExec (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286310 for differences) that enforces the layout

Creating it is easy enough -- record a macro switching to normal view, then put it in normal.dot with the correct name
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X