No announcement yet.

Office 2000 Word Error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2000 Word Error

I am using Win XP and MS Office 2000 Word. After years of using the program with no problems, I started to get the following error when I try to Save a file in Word:
    "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error."
    I have tried various suggestions, all unsuccessful, including removing (Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel) Ofice 2000 from my PC and re-installing from CD. The go around that works is to save a file using Save As, but this is cumbersome and not satisfactory.
    The problem does not seem to be a file permission problem, since it occurs both with file that have no file attributes marked and with files that have some attributes marked (eg Archive).
    When attempting to Save a file
    Has anyone had this problem and solved it. Thanks.
    Last edited by papilato; 4th May 2010, 15:57.

Re: Office 2000 Word Error

it sounds like a file permission issue on the file or folder rather than a Word 2000 error.

Ar you in a corporate environment?

It's possible your file has been made Read-Only, it's also possible there may be some minor disk corruption.

does this happen with ALL files ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

I get this response to all files. I have Googled the error message and have found this to have been a widespread problem in Word 2000 in the past. However, none of the suggested solutions in the articles found cured the problem.
      Last edited by papilato; 4th May 2010, 15:27. Reason: thought of better phrasing

Have to agree with tehcamel. Do you get the same error when trying to save a file to the same location using a different application? If you do, you need to make sure that your user account has permission to write to the Save destination.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Create a text file with notepad. Open it up with word and try saving. Then create a txt doc in Word and save, edit, then re-save. What happens?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **