Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Powerpoint presentations

Hello!

One of our staff needs to transform a Powerpoint presentation into a movie file, either swf, wmv, avi etc.

I have tried BB Flashback Recorder on a powerful system but the framerate is so low that transitions between slides and animated text effects are not rendered properly. I don't think BB Flashback was really meant to record this type of 'movie'.

Does anyone know of a program that can capture a presentation in real-time, so to speak. It needs to capture at a rate of at least 30FPS, preferably 60FPS

I have had a look at the Camtasia website, but after seeing the recommendations for high contrast light backgrounds and a single transition between slides I wonder how effective this will be.

Does anyone else do this. Do you have any recommendations, please?

Thanks!
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Recording Powerpoint presentations

I used Camtasia, and all i can really tell you is that it worked for me.
    Can't be any more help than that i'm afraid, give it a try though.

Comment

Trial Version:
      http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasiatrial.asp
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks, folks!

I have downloaded that and have asked the person to install it and test it out.

I'll let you know how it works.

Cheers!

Comment

Camtasia worked after some configuration. It was unable to create a workable avi file from scratch but when using the Camtasia default to record the presentation and then converting the file to a full-screen avi, it was OK.

We needed a high quality avi to create a DVD that could be used for an exhibition.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Comment

You can use either special tools designed for ppt files convertion, like Presentation to Video Converter, or simply any screen recording tool (Macvide Screencap, Screen VidShot, etc).

Comment

Working...
            X