Random Users 2003 Word Documents are opening in Safe Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Users 2003 Word Documents are opening in Safe Mode

This summer i had everyone back up their data to a thumb drive. Now that school is back in session, when random users (not everyone) attempt to open their word documents (2003 with the 2007 compatability patch) from the thumb drive, they want to open in safe mode. It gets stuck in a loop where you can send an error report, and no matter what option you choose, it opens in safe mode.

You also cannot launch a NEW word document without it going in to safe mode as well.

I deleted the normal.dot file several times (that was the only fix I found on google) but to no avail, they continue to open in safe mode.

Do you have any suggetsions?

Re: Random Users 2003 Word Documents are opening in Safe Mode

If you copy the files back from the pen drives to wherever they were before, does the problem recur?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Random Users 2003 Word Documents are opening in Safe Mode

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      If you copy the files back from the pen drives to wherever they were before, does the problem recur?
      Yes, actually that is exactly what we are doing. It is very odd. To get it to work on one user I had to delete her profile and resinstall office. This summer we shut off roaming profiles, I am not sure if that is related.

Comment

Working...
      X