Excel Issue. Have multiple "New..."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Issue. Have multiple "New..."

I have a user that when he goes to File...>He has three "New...". Any ideas?

Re: Excel Issue. Have multiple "New..."

Yes, get rid of Office 97.

If you're not using Office 97, it might be useful if you were to tell us which version of Office you are using. And what Office service pack is installed. And what version, edition, architecture and SP of Windows it's running on.

Does this problem affect every user of that computer or only one?

What have you tried?

http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=35 / http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Wow. You came outta no where with the cockiness, huh? Did you really post posting rules? Your answer of "Get Rid of Office 97" is totally against the rules as well, BTW.

It's Office 2003, SP3 It's running on an XP Pro machine. SP3. It only affects one user who is click happy. He is 6' 3". Brown hair/eyes. Enjoys long walks and pillow fights.

I have tried unistalling/reinstalling and scanning for updates. I have disabled Macros, just in case he created something freaky.

Anything I missed?
      Last edited by Truck; 10th August 2009, 18:39.

Comment

Have you tried recreating his profile? If he is a domain user with a roaming profile, does the problem follow him to other machines?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

No roaming profiles. Problem doesn't follow. Specific to machine.

Comment

Gents, lets be professional here....
            @gforce -- sometimes a smilie shows you are meaning something humerously (you ARE meaning it humerously, aren't you )

@Truck -- 82 posts over a year so you should know that info about the software versions REALLY helps us!

Damn, missed both the follow ons -- ignore the above as replying too slowly!

Have you tried resetting the menu bars:
            http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...951111033.aspx
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Gents, lets be professional here....
              @gforce -- sometimes a smilie shows you are meaning something humerously (you ARE meaning it humerously, aren't you )

@Truck -- 82 posts over a year so you should know that info about the software versions REALLY helps us!

Have you tried resetting the menu bars:
              http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...951111033.aspx
              I apologize. I mean, it's a thread about Office XP/2003. So, I guess I assumed it would be a given it would be one of those and not 97. And I didn't think the OS would matter. Again, I apologize, but someone responding like that is very irratating. And I WAS trying to make light of the situation.

Back on topic. I will try that. Thanks for the help, both of you.

Comment

No problem
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

That did it. Thanks Ossian. This dude is macro and toolbar happy. He just got himself a new VB book and is calling himself a programmer.

Anyway, reseting them and getting rid of one of them fixed it.

Comment

Amazing how dangerous a recent graduate with a book can be!
                    Well done!
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Working...
                    X