Font Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Issue

I have a font from the DAVKA company called GuttmanD Gil. Its is installed in the FONTS FOLDER but it does not work in MS Word. Davka says they are using a proprietary mapping for Hebrew that is not compatible with Microsoft Word. Is this possible? Is there a way around this?

Re: Font Issue

What applications does it work in?
    Is it a True Type font (.ttf extension) or another type
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The manufacturer has told you that their font is not compatible with Word, so my guess would be that it's not compatible. I'm curious as to why people think that there's a "secret" way around what the manufacturer says.

Comment

It works in the Davka Platinum Word Processor which is a Hebrew-English word processor.

Although I did not find a 'secret' solution, I did find that by copying it from the application that it does work in and then pasting it in Word, it suddenly did work.

Comment

Working...
        X