Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook deletes emails permemently

Hi,

A user who has access full access permissions to a specific account is having this weird problem:

When she deletes emails from that inbox, they don't go to the deleted items, they get permemently deleted. When I have the access they go to the deleted items folder.

The permement delete warning it on, there are no rules in the outlook 2003, I created a new outlook profile and it didin't work either.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Ka Mate Ka Mate Ka Ora!

My Brute:
    http://kurrrpago.mybrute.com

Re: Outlook deletes emails permemently

Left Click:
    Tools
    Options
    Other tab
    Advanced Options
    Replace the tick
    OK
    OK

Click image for larger version

Name:	OL2K3-warn-delete.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	463977
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for reply but this isn't the solution. When she deletes emails from her regular account inbox, outlook sends the mails to the deleted items, but if she deletes emails from the other inbox of which she has full access rights, the mail gets deleted without going into the recycle bin and it doesn't prompt for are you sure thing? She is using the same outlook in the same network account, the full access mailbox is attached to her main exhcange account.

So weird, I can't find anything. I saw some other forum posts on some other websites but no solution yet.
      Ka Mate Ka Mate Ka Ora!

My Brute:

Comment

Originally posted by Kahyaki View Post
        , but if she deletes emails from the other inbox of which she has full access rights,
        What other Inbox??? First post only refers to the one email account. Is Outlook running from an Exchange Server and has a POP account also running on Outlook or does she have a couple of POP accounts on.

Need more details.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi,

Sorry if you have already checked this, but if the user is deleting mail from a shared mailbox it will go to the users deleted items, not the shared one.

Simon

Comment

Thank you all for your help guys. It has been fixed. They go to the main inbox deleted items folder... I am so dumb! : ))
            Ka Mate Ka Mate Ka Ora!

My Brute:

Comment

Originally posted by Kahyaki View Post
              I am so dumb! : ))
              If that is what you think, then now you have just learnt something that money can't buy therefore you are now a lot less dumb.

Another lesson is to supply sufficient information with the first post. I am refering to your second post when you reveal that there is a second Inbox.

So, you have gained more experience that you may have first thought. I am not having a go at you, just pointing out that the person who never makes a mistake never learns anything. (I think I am the world's greatest learner )

Thank you for posting back with the solution to the problem. This will help other members or readers in the future, of that I am sure and we certainly appreciate your contribution to the Community.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You have a point there. I'm sure my posts will have more details. Thanks for your all support!
                Ka Mate Ka Mate Ka Ora!

My Brute:

Comment

Tenei te tangata puhuru huru! :speights:
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...