Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Pasting Print Screen to Word

Hi All

One of my user is having an issue pasting screen shot to word... When the user tries to paste the screen shot nothing appears... Although you can paste the screen shot to mspaint... Also can not paste to new outlook message... I would appreciate any help... thx

Re: Problem Pasting Print Screen to Word

My crystal ball appears to be out of order
    Could you please give us a clue as to which version of Word and which version of windows your user is running
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry about that... Word 2003, Office 2003 Standard business suite

Comment

What Office SP? Is it fully up to date?

And as already asked, what version of Windows? What edition? What SP? Is it fully up to date?

What happens when you try to paste a screenshot - any error message, or nothing?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Win XP Pro SP2... Office SP3... All windows updates are current... Computer is on Domain but user is local admin to machine... Nothing happens whne trying to paste to word... User can paste to MSPAINT... thx

Comment

Originally posted by Michael19ave View Post
            All windows updates are current
            If you're running XP SP2, then Windows is clearly not up to date.
            Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Windows is up to date with the exception of SP3... I have not installed SP3 on any of the computer in the domain due to compatibilty issue with applications... Do you have any Recommendations for the problem indicated in this thread ?

Comment

Other than updating Windows and asking the vendor of the incompatible app to release a well-written product...

... does the problem follow the same user between machines? If so, does recreating their profile help?

Does the problem affect everyone who logs onto the affected machine? If so, does reinstalling Office help? Or reinstalling Windows?

No clues in the event logs?
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Reinstalling windows is not much of a solution... thanks anyway

Comment

In ms word 2003 there are cut and paste options in
                    Tools/Options/Edit
                    Could be a good place to start.....

Also you could uninstall only word, reboot and re install just word.
                    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
                    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
                    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael19ave View Post
                      Reinstalling windows is not much of a solution... thanks anyway
                      If a new user account and new Office installation don't fix it, then it sounds like a good enough suggestion to me...
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

If you start Word first, then do a copy and paste, doest that help?
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands
                        http://www.phetios.com
                        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

It dosent take a guru to figure out reinstalling windows will fix anything!... As for the others in this forum who responded, thank you for your suggestions... I am still working on the issue...

Comment

Checking out a few things:
                            1) Can you copy / paste a picture from the web into Word OK (so is it JUST ALT+PRINTSCRN which is the problem)

2) If you change Outlook's editor from Word to the built in one, can you paste

3) Can you paste the screenshot into WordPad

4) As already asked -- is it one user on every PC (profile problem) or all users on one PC (PC problem) or one user on one PC (Act of God)
                            Tom Jones
                            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                            X