Problem with install Office 2003 without a key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with install Office 2003 without a key

As per the instructions on how to install Office 2003 without a key, I have problems still getting this done. This is how it looks now with what I have changed..
    [Options]
    ; The option section is used for specifying individual Installer Properties.
    USERNAME=Home
    COMPANYNAME=Home
    ;INSTALLLOCATION=C:\Program Files\MyApp
    PIDKEY=WFDWYXQXJFRHRYGBG7RQBDDHM

Once installed it again asks for the key. I enter it and get the message that it is invalid. I have tried this a few times in the past and it did work so not sure what I'm missing this go round. Any suggestions? And thank you in advacnce for any help you offer.

Re: Problem with install Office 2003 without a key

I strongly recommend that you edit your post ASAP and remove your Office serial key from it. Not a good idea to make that public, and you may well be in breach of the EULA by doing so.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thank you but that is not the real number. I really do appreciate you letting me know though.

Comment

No worries, just wanted to make sure since we can't tell from your first post whether it is valid or not
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ufonda,

Please review http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831178
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thank you for the URL however as usual Microsoft gave a lot of good info with little to no use. Until Office is installed there is no Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit. And none of the other options worked for me. At a total loss now. It was all well and good 3 days ago until I reformatted so I really do not understand it at all. I do appreciate the effort on your part but I may have to find a different way around this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ufonda View Post
              Until Office is installed there is no Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit.
              Apart from the one from Microsoft? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Are you saying you can't install it without having Office 2003 installed first? Works fine for me...
              Gareth Howells

Comment

You are seriously amazing. I downloaded and installed and hopefully can actually fix this mess I made without turning my hair gray. I wish to age gracefully not rush into it because of Office. Besides who would believe that was the cause??? I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concern and helpfulness.

Comment

I know, I rock. Out of interest, in what particular way am I being awesome this time? Were you looking at a different "Office 2003 Resource Kit"?

As for turning grey prematurely, blame it on the kids, the wife and\or the boss
                  Gareth Howells

Comment

Well this really worked. I was able to install office, however ~ don't we love to see that word~ after installing, I went to open Word and low and behold it wanted my key again. I patiently typed all 25 characters and once again Microsoft laughed at me, and, started me on the vicious circle of not accepting my key. I surrender! I have been beaten into submission by Microsoft. I don't have a husband or boyfriend at the moment, so I can't blame anyone but Microsoft. I think perhaps someone is friends with my X husband and trying to make me crazier than I already am???? Or, perhaps he took my key and is using it as pay backs for the years of burned dinners because I was born cute not as Betty Crocker. Sighs I guess now it's back to bat my eyes at the guys at the PC Shop and see if they will give me a deal on a new copy. I won't however give up trying since I have all weekend free. Thank you once again Mr. U Rock aka gforceindustries

Comment

Don't see why you would need a new licence, unless you're saying your key doesn't work if you enter it during installation either? I thought you were only having problems when you had your key automatically inserted into the setup program.

Out of interest, which edition of Office 2003 do you have?
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

It's version 11.0.5614.0 I can enter it during installation but, after it is installed is where my problem comes in. Actually it shows my key when I install I didn't have to do anything there. I go to open a program and it asks for my key again. I put the same one in as the install had and yet it says it's not valid and won't allow me to open any of the programs that installed. So very confusing isn't it!!?? First it wouldn't install. After messing about with the Resource Kit it did actually install the program. But that's as far as it went for me. I really don't want to have to reformat again to get a clean slate to work with, because I have a feeling it will be the same. That's why I think if I buy a new licence it may be the easiest way to get this fixed. I feel like i am smacking into a brick wall and heaven knows I've been at this non stop for 3 days now. Maybe time to go play Diablo and forget about Office unless you have any other fixes that may work. Sighs ~ I do think it's making me crazy

Comment

I think he meant which version of Office do you have, e.g. 2003 Student, 2003 Professional, etc. Where did this copy of Office come from? Did the key come with it? It's a legal CD (shiny hologram), right?
                          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It's Office 2003 Pro Version 11.0.5614.0 and as far as it being good it was and has been registered without problems up to this point. It has never caused a problem for me since it was purchased in 2003. It has been installed many many times in this computer. Each time I reformat it gets reinstalled. Totally got me scratching my head! So now what? Sould I just take every bit of office off the PC, if possible, and then start over? I really think buying a new licence would be easier though it seems to be a huge waiste of money.

Comment

I think buying a new license is a waste of money.
                              Well at least I would try to uninstall office, remove the leftovers in c:\program files and the registry.
                              But for uninstalling first install Windows Installer CleanUp Utility first

If this doesn't work, contact microsoft and ask them a new key or help you to recover the key
                              http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...508341033.aspx

I'm not sure if you needed to activate office or not... I haven't installed office for years...

Ps, I believe Gareth never sleeps, especially not if someone is saying she's cute and single
                              Last edited by Dumber; 3rd January 2009, 13:35.
                              Marcel
                              Technical Consultant
                              Netherlands
                              http://www.phetios.com
                              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                              X