Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel files 2003 currupts

Hello,
    We have W2k3 R2 domain controller failover AD. Network with about 200 users are working on the Excel spread sheets. Since last couple of weeks we facing the problem on the excel sheets. After one user post the files on the fileserver. Then new user tries to open the file or copy on the local machine & then open, files shows as a corrupt file. Kindly help....

Thanks
    Last edited by nio75; 22nd December 2008, 13:15.

Re: Excel files 2003 currupts

Is Excel up to date?

Does this problem only occur after one particular user modifies the file? Is it ok if that user uses another PC? What if another user uses that PC?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Yes Ecel 2003 is updated.
      after file is uploaded on the server, then from any where on the network/any PC it shows as a currupted file.

We have chaged the server hardware & problem remains same.

Comment

Does this problem only occur after one particular user modifies the file?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Is it all excel files or only certain ones?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Does this only happen from one workstation?

Try starting Excel in safe mode to see if the process still shows corrupted files.
            Start Excel in Safe mode

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
            2. Click Browse, and then locate the folder where Microsoft Excel is installed, as specified earlier in this article.
            3. After you locate the Excel.exe file, click the file to select it, and then click Open.
            4. At the end of the path in the Open box, type a space and then type /s so that the entire line appears similar to the following:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /s

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

We are facing this issue on the entire network.

We tryied this option but no luck.

Has any one oberve such issue ever before.

Nio75

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
              Does this only happen from one workstation?

Try starting Excel in safe mode to see if the process still shows corrupted files.
              Start Excel in Safe mode

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
              2. Click Browse, and then locate the folder where Microsoft Excel is installed, as specified earlier in this article.
              3. After you locate the Excel.exe file, click the file to select it, and then click Open.
              4. At the end of the path in the Open box, type a space and then type /s so that the entire line appears similar to the following:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /s
              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504

Comment

Can you post a file somewhere (after scanning it with a 3rd party AV)?

If it is happening on the entire network then either the way the file is checked isn't working or something is affecting the files afterwards.

Have you checked all machines for viruses including the file server and checked the files on a machine outside of the network?

What does this mean too?
                "We have W2k3 R2 domain controller failover AD"

Do the files show corrupt if you email them between users?
                cheers
                Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi all,
                  Sorry i got late to respond here, Files are not getting corrupted when someone send it through mail.

Actually we have one 2008 server (64Bit), we removed that from the network. Since then there was not a single file corruption was problem observed.

I am suspecting the problem because of the 2008(64Bit) OS.

Comment

Working...
                  X