If You can't open Tif files on Outlook 2003\2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You can't open Tif files on Outlook 2003\2007

If you are using win xp pro and outlook 2003 and can't open Tif files in outlook.

Here is what you can do:

This problem known by Microsoft

In safe mode go to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary internet Files\olk xxx

then delete this library contents.

if you cant see this library - open the hidden files and folder in the folder option

Now restart the computer to normal mode, open the outlook
    and open the tif files

Uri Shamir

Re: If You can't open Tif files on Outlook 2003\2007

Uri, if you want to post things like this you need to quote the Microsoft Article as most people will not want to randomly delete things based on a forum post.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi Andi,
      you are wright, this is the article that relates to a possible solution of the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817878

Uri Shamir
      MCSE

Comment

I'm just wondering what brought this post on?
        Does this mean we will see other knowledge base articles brought up, dusted off and posted for our edification?

Or is this really a reply to another thread that has gone astray?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dir Ossian
          The rezone I put this post in this forum is a problem, with opening tif files in Outlook 2003 in my customers computers .
          This problem cause by Fax to mail service that fill the 'olk' folder with allot of massage.tif file's.
          This Is not a replay It's just a knowledge I want to share/

Comment

Terribly sorry they jumped all over you about posting a problem on this forum.

However, by posting the problem, and the solution, it helped me.

In my case, a customer's computer indeed had Vista and Outlook 2007.

Somehow, the default for a TIF file is NOT set. Or maybe it is 'unset' somehow?

Anyhow, it tried to pull up an Internet Explorer page (since that resizes jpgs automatically, why not use it, eh?)

Instead, it went into a loop - with narry a message saying why it could not open up IE.

Instead, I changed the default program to Windows Gallery, and now TIF's open ok.

Again, thank you for posting. It was greatly appreciated, because ideas and efforts are more important than protocol and preamble.

Comment

Working...
            X