file error: data may have been lost excel 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file error: data may have been lost excel 2003

Som eof my users are receiving the following error when trying to open MS Excel Spreadsheet.
    file error: data may have been lost
    They are using MS Office 2003 most on SP2. I am using SP3 and still having the same problem. The spreadsheet use alot of VB code but not really sure what it does.

thx

Re: file error: data may have been lost excel 2003

Can any of your users open the spreadsheet successfully? What operating system? Anything in the event logs? Where is the spreadsheet stored and how is it being accessed?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael19ave View Post
      The spreadsheet use alot of VB code but not really sure what it does.
      I would try and find out who knows Excel in your company and get them to help. VBS can be dangerous, although I would imagine this is likely harmless.

Do you have backups of the file, when did the problem occur etc?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Unfortunatley we do not have backup of this file... I am going to have a programmer who has some experience with VB Code take a look... thank you for the replies

Comment

Treat this as an opportunity to present the case to management that you need to invest in a backup strategy.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X