• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send for review issue

Hi guys,

Bit of a weird one this...

2 scenarios.

Sally sends a word document for review to Tom. Tom accepts changed and sends it back. Sally can open the document and press save and it'll save in it's original location.

Sally sends a word document for review to Tom, Tom accepts changes and makes a couple other changes and sends to Steve for review. Steve accepts changed and sends back to Sally. Now this time when Sally goes to save it it's pointing to the temp directory not the original directory.

Does that many sense?

Any ideas?!

Thanks

Re: Send for review issue

How are your users sending files to each other? Email? Network share? CMS?

When Tom sent the file to Sally, she saved the file to the original location and then opened it? When Steve sent the file to Sally, she clicked Open rather than Save, so the file was downloaded to the Temp folder.

Is she not able to save it to the original folder?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Send for review issue

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      How are your users sending files to each other? Email? Network share? CMS?

When Tom sent the file to Sally, she saved the file to the original location and then opened it? When Steve sent the file to Sally, she clicked Open rather than Save, so the file was downloaded to the Temp folder.

Is she not able to save it to the original folder?
      Thanks for the reply.

They are using email to send the file.

She can save it to the original folder if she chooses save as and browses to it... but in my first example she can just hit "save!" would does the same.

In my second example if she clicks save it saves it to the temp folder...

Comment

Working...
      X