[Microsoft Outlook] Enable "Adressbook for Outlook" with a script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Microsoft Outlook] Enable "Adressbook for Outlook" with a script

I am walking around for some time with a problem where i can't find a good solution for it.

Everyone knows Microsoft Outlook and if you set it up as your e-mail program everything is fine. But there are some options wich i would like to set.

My question is:
    How can i enable "Adressbook for Outlook" option for my Contact folders by using some scriptable method?

You can find this option by right clicking one of your contact folders and choose properties. Go to the tab "Adressbook for Outlook" and enable the checkbox.

Re: [Microsoft Outlook] Enable "Adressbook for Outlook" with a script

Originally posted by Iznogoud View Post
    I am walking around for some time with a problem where i can't find a good solution for it.

Everyone knows Microsoft Outlook and if you set it up as your e-mail program everything is fine. But there are some options wich i would like to set.

My question is:
    How can i enable "Adressbook for Outlook" option for my Contact folders by using some scriptable method?

You can find this option by right clicking one of your contact folders and choose properties. Go to the tab "Adressbook for Outlook" and enable the checkbox.
    Nice to see and know this is not an easy problem to solve. Too bad nobody hasn't answered yet

Comment

I for one do not understand the question.

What do you mean?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Iznogoud View Post
        Nice to see and know this is not an easy problem to solve. Too bad nobody hasn't answered yet
        Please remember that people volunteer their time to come up with solutions here. If you were paying for a service, you might reasonably expect a response in a certain time-frame, but since you do not here, please have the common courtesy to wait for replies rather than demanding attention like a 3-year old.

You said in your original post that you cannot find a "good solution" so maybe you could describe the "not so good" solutions you have found?

Also, as Biggles said, your question is somewhat confusing
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

By default in Outlook you can only resolve email address from name using the default contacts folder - i.e. the one in your mailbox on an Exchange-connected Outlook, or the one in the default Outlook Data File in Internet Outlook. Other contacts folders have to be NOMINATED as an Outlook Address Book - so that if you type a name contained in one Outlook will resolve the name to an email address.

The OP is asking whether he can nominate Contacts folders as Outlook Address Books using a script instead of using the GUI.

Personally, I just create folders in my default "Contacts" folder if I want different lists of addresses - they all form part of the original "Contacts" folder and are therefore by default an Outlook Address Book.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Please remember that people volunteer their time to come up with solutions here. If you were paying for a service, you might reasonably expect a response in a certain time-frame, but since you do not here, please have the common courtesy to wait for replies rather than demanding attention like a 3-year old.

You said in your original post that you cannot find a "good solution" so maybe you could describe the "not so good" solutions you have found?

Also, as Biggles said, your question is somewhat confusing
            Offcourse do i understand that people volunteer there time to come up with a solution, but this is just meant to aware people of this topic and i am not asking for attention like a 3 year old. But to be honest, i find your reply the acting of a 3-year old. If i would attention i would spam this entire forum with posts on every topic etc. But i don't want this discussion and if you want to be right so be it, this is not my intention to discuss certain common courtesies here.

The "not so good" is manually enable this option or using AutoIT to make a script wich points and click automatically.

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
            By default in Outlook you can only resolve email address from name using the default contacts folder - i.e. the one in your mailbox on an Exchange-connected Outlook, or the one in the default Outlook Data File in Internet Outlook. Other contacts folders have to be NOMINATED as an Outlook Address Book - so that if you type a name contained in one Outlook will resolve the name to an email address.

The OP is asking whether he can nominate Contacts folders as Outlook Address Books using a script instead of using the GUI.

Personally, I just create folders in my default "Contacts" folder if I want different lists of addresses - they all form part of the original "Contacts" folder and are therefore by default an Outlook Address Book.
            If i had English as a native language, i could explain it a lot better, but it is not.
            So i try to explain the best i can and even giving people a "how-to" to see the option.

I think your translation will be alot better to understand, thank you.

Comment

This thread might be better placed in the Scripting forum?

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
              X