outlook inbox missing folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook inbox missing folders

Hi, I got a problem with Outlook 2003. I logged off yesterday and this morning, I logged in, all the folders that seperate emails from one person to the next was missing. Does this mean that my .pst files are corrupted? Since my Outlook is connected to Exchange Server, I'm not sure there's any .pst files that was created to be corrupt. I would grately appreciated if anyone could help me resolve this problem.

Torri

Re: outlook inbox missing folders

Originally posted by torri View Post
    ...all the folders that seperate emails from one person to the next was missing...
    Torri
    Can explain that a bit more?
    Did you setup the folders for filing email?
    Do you put them there or is it automatic?
    Do you have any of your emails at all? where?
    Do you have an Exchange admin?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

1. I'm not so sure on it per se
      2. it's for filling emails. ex: mason folder> all emails from mason goes into this folder.
      3. it was create for filing
      4. the emails that are not in the subfolders are still in the inbox, but the one that got filed into those folders seemed to have gone mission along with the folders.
      5. i can get into admin account, just not sure what files am i supposed to be looking for.

Comment

Is that an EXCHANGE admin account, or a WINDOWS admin account, or a DOMAIN admin account?

The folders that are missing, were they in the main mailbox, or set up in an archive / personal folder?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have admin access to exchange srv. This is only happening to my profile inbox, the subfolders in the inbox of my outlook email was lost when I logged on. I already tried copying the NTuser.dat in case it was the files that was corrupted but it's still the same (subfolders still didn't show).

Comment

Do you have OWA set up? If so, do the missing folders show up in that view? For kicks, have you tried re-creating the Outlook profile?
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm not sure, since I'm very new to all of these stuff. But problem got solved, it turned out that the ntuser.dat file got corrupted somehow. Thank you for the all replies.

Comment

Working...
              X