MS Access 2000 VB Code Error when printing a Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Access 2000 VB Code Error when printing a Report

Recently when attempting to change a Report to a MS Word File Format , I get the following error:-

"Access cannot complete this operation.The VB code you entered contains a syntax error or the Output procedure is not available....."

There is more but I'd like to say here that , as far as I'm aware , I was not attempting to enter any VB code but merely doing what I've done countless times after generating an Access Report , i.e. using the overhead button which has previously changed the Report to a Word document format which I can then format and eventually print out.

One of the solutions suggested is to re-install Access which I would like to do from my Installation Disk.

However , as it is some time since I've used this OFFICE 2000 Installation Disk , I've forgotten just how to re-install Access alone without going through the whole MS Office 2000 re-installation.

Could someone here remind me again how to ensure only Access 2000 will be re-installed fron this Disk please.

Should anyone know any cure for this error other than a re-installation , I'd be gratefull.

Re: MS Access 2000 VB Code Error when printing a Report

start > run > type "control panel"

highlight "office 2000 standard/enterprise"

select "change", not remove...

when prompted, select "reinstall/repair" and select access and/or any components you would like to restore to the factory fresh state.

next, next, yes, ok, blah, blah...

njoy.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: MS Access 2000 VB Code Error when printing a Report

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
      start > run > type "control panel"

highlight "office 2000 standard/enterprise"
      Thanks for the reply James.

I have already resolved this by re-installing MS Office from my Installation Disk.

I had hoped to resolve it , as stated in my O.P. , by avoiding this action but , in the end , I did just that - it wasn't to much hastle and it solved the problem.

Still , thanks for the advice.

Cheers,
      Last edited by Wired; 20th March 2008, 09:00. Reason: Fixed BBCODE for QUOTE

Comment

Working...
      X