Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Starting Problem

When I start Excel 2003, SP3, I get the message from Windows Installer:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable. Use Source C:\MSOCache\All Users\{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\

It seems to be looking for a file: ProrWW.msi

What is this and how do I get it to stop?
    Last edited by a111158; 12th March 2008, 15:10.

Re: Excel Starting Problem

Have you tried browsing to the original Installation media?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

That was my first attempt to solve it. I went through every file and folder on the CD and there was no file called ProrWW.msi. I even tried all of the msi files, and nothing worked.

Comment

did you use an admin installation point to do the install? point it there. restart the install from the admin point, and use the add remove features... install excel and select "complete" this will install the optional stuff not dont the first time around.

did you choose to remove the files used for install after it was complete? that is where it looks like its looking for the file it wants.

you probably wont find the MSI, as its stored in a .cab im sure.

also, are you deploying office from a GPO .msi? this seems to cause problems, and it looks like your not using the setup.exe. i know this is a problem for 2007 with .msp cusomizations, but not exactly for 2003.

sorry i cant offer more help.
        Last edited by James Haynes; 13th March 2008, 16:31.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

There is a Pro11.msi file -- this is the main installation app. Any possibility this is the one you are looking for?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

No, its not the pro11.msi file. I found that, tried it and it does not accept it. It is looking for the ProrWW.msi file.

Comment

i know you can search for the file you are looking for in rapidshare and mega-upload.

i found it in both places.

just google for it and you can find it.

***EDIT***

i just wanted to make sure its clear that you need to have a valid license before you download the software. only download it if you own it. i dont condone pirating software (and neither does anyone here) and wouldnt suggest you steal it.
              Last edited by James Haynes; 14th March 2008, 18:45.
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Interesting result when Googled. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think I have a lead but not a solution. I had tried, Office 2007, did not like it and unistalled it. The file I am looking for is a 2007 file. How do I get the system to stop looking to install it?

Comment

Working...
                  X