No announcement yet.

Install/Deploy Office 2003 to Terminal Server W2K3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install/Deploy Office 2003 to Terminal Server W2K3

I have a Terminal Server configured and locked down using Group policy. I want to make Office 2003 available and Outlook to Autoconfigure when opened.

From what I have read it seems there is a few ways to achieve this. The environment I have is W2K3 AD.

What is the cleanest way to achieve this, any links and opinions will be much appreciated.

Re: Install/Deploy Office 2003 to Terminal Server W2K3

Installation is a "one off" process -- remember to install via Add-Remove Programs to ensure TS in switched to install mode (or use the command-line switch)

As far as autoconfiguration of Outlook goes, check some of the links in this search and deploy them through a logon script
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Install/Deploy Office 2003 to Terminal Server W2K3

I hadn't read Ossians reply but this is what i came up with.

Unsure if this is the "Cleanest" way to achieve this but i decided to use the PRF file approach. (/importprf when running outlook)

To create the PRF file I used the following ref point:

Then create a shortcut to Outlook.exe in the start menu that references my PRF File - i modified the path as follows;

"outlook.exe" /importprf "\\server1\share\outlook.prf"
      (I copied this shortcut to the share where my terminal services users Start menu redirection points to)

In the Prf - specify exchange server name and mailbox name as %username% Also ensure that OverwriteExistingService=NO

I have one last issue now which is for users that dont have a mailbox associated with there account. The %username% will not work. Any suggestions?