Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2003 and Vista printer issue

HI, this is a strange one.

I am posting this here as the problem appears only in Access and Picture Manager. It does, however, touch networking and Vista.

I have Vista Business and have Office 2003 installed. On my network, I have an HP2600n Colour Laser printer, which is used via its ethernet connection.

On the XP machines I have no problem.

On the Vista machine, the printer is recognised and usable by every application except Picture Manager, where it is simply missing from the dropdown list of printers in the Print dialogue.

On this machine, in Access, if this printer is set as default, I cannot use Reports (design does not work, running the report does not work, calling the report results in "The OpenReport action was cancelled").

Access and Picture Manager behave normally when I connect the printer direct to the Vista machine via the USB cable.

Using the USB connection, I can run my Access report and get the preview up on the screen. I can then select the Ethernet Printer to print.

The USB solution is not a long term answer as I will be moving the Vista machine soon, into a place where direct connection will not be possible.

I am baffled and I cannot find any information on this issue.

If anyone can help..... I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Office 2003 and Vista printer issue

Have you tried installing the printer locally (using the IP), and have you tried the latest drivers?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Office 2003 and Vista printer issue

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      Have you tried installing the printer locally (using the IP), and have you tried the latest drivers?
      Yes I have, that's what is so odd - plus the fact that it is only these two applications, which suggests something is not quite right in the way Access and Picture Manager handles TCPIP printers.

Comment

Working...
      X