Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check spelling as you type freezes Powerpoint 2003

Hi,

A customer of ours has a strange problem in PowerPoint. In a few specific presentations that he has created on his computer, PowerPoint freezes (does not respond to anything anymore and has to be killed through the task manager) when scrolling up and down through the slides.
    When I go into Tools -> Options and on the Spelling and Style tab unmark "Check spelling as you type", all works fine.

He had a similar problem in Word about 2 or 3 weeks ago. That problem I was able to solve by renaming/ deleting the custom dictionary in "C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof".

Things I tried so far:
    -Delete/ rename the custom dictionary again but this doesn't solve the problem.
    -Running "Detect and Repair", didn't fix it.
    -Check for updates.

Running: Windows XP pro with Office 2003 SP3 (With Hebrew).
    Hardware: Dell 520 or 620 Laptop (less than a year old)

Has anyone ever run into this? Could it be a hardware problem? (the computer had some other issues in the past)

Thank you,

Benjamin

Re: Check spelling as you type freezes Powerpoint 2003

Try saving the presentations as a different name, and see if the problem persists.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that and let you know if it worked.

Ben

Comment

hi guys! having the same problem here. so did it work? i'm still about to do it too...hehehe..

Comment

Working...
        X